Archive Pages Design$type=blogging

Early Summer Ratatouille Tart {Courtesy of The Chew}

Not surprisingly, I am a huge fan of cooking shows, I've been tuned into Food Network for years, but I don't get to watch them as of...


Not surprisingly, I am a huge fan of cooking shows, I've been tuned into Food Network for years, but I don't get to watch them as often as I'd like, mostly because I work full-time from home and am also at home with our soon-to-be-three-year-old daughter who likes the occasional cooking show, but generally prefers PBS-driven fare. We also don't have a DVR anymore so I miss out on watching some of my favorites. Anyway, all of that to say, I love The Chew on ABC and so does my daughter. I've been watching it since it first began and I think its the prefect blend of talk show and cooking show, the ensemble cast of Michael Symon, Mario Batali, Daphne Oz, Carla Hall and Clinton Kelly is just so fun and well-balanced.

I've tried a ton of recipes featured on the show, tweaking them here and there as I like and have yet to have one fail. This one in particular looks beautiful and tasted so amazing I just had to share it. Its a new way to showcase early summer produce like zucchini, squash and tomatoes and how can you turn down anything involving a pastry crust? I've adjusted the ratios a little bit (mostly because I didn't buy enough cheese) and seasonings to fit my family's tastes, but all credit for the recipe goes to the fantastic Clinton Kelly from The Chew. I love this recipe and its definitely going to become another summer staple in my kitchen, perfect for brunch, lunch or dinner with a side salad. My husband's only suggestion for improvement is to add bacon...which, to be fair, he suggests for most dishes!




Check out the recipe below and give it (and The Chew) a try!

Ratatouille Tart Recipe

Note: I cut the cheese down to 4 oz. and decreased the thyme to 1 tsp. since I used dried thyme instead of fresh. I also had larger zucchini and squash so only used one of each. Definitely use a veggie peeler or mandoline to get nice thin slices!
Name

Agave appetizers Apple apples Asian asparagus Autumn avocado bacon baking banana bars basil beans beef beer Beet berries birthdays black beans blackberries Blackberry bleu cheese bloggers blueberries Blueberry books Bread breakfast brownies brussels sprouts butter butternut squash cake cakes cannoli Carrots cheese cheesecake Cherry chicken chili chocolate Christmas cleanse clinton kelly Coconut cookies cooking with kids crab cranberry creamy crock pot Cucumber cupcakes dessert dinner dips doughnuts Easter easy eggplant eggs enchiladas fall family Fish foodie lit Friday Blog Love Friday Pie Day frozen fruit game night Ginger gnocchi goat cheese grains granola Grapes greek greens ham healthy holiday Honey ice pop Indian Italian Jamie Oliver Kale Korean lasagna Lemon Lime Mango marinade meatballs meatless meatloaf mediterranean Mexican food Mousse muffins multigrain mushrooms naan nuts oatmeal olive oil one-pot Orange pancakes party pasta pastry Peaches peanut butter Pear peas pecans peppers pesto pie pie crust Pineapple pizza poblanos Polenta Pollen popsicles pork potatoes puff pastry pumpkin ranch Raspberry red pepper reviews rhubarb rice ricotta salads salsa sauces sausage scones Seafood shrimp slow cooker smoothies snacks soup soups spices Spinach sprinkles squash st. patricks day stew strawberries Strawberry stromboli summer sweet potato tacos TBT tea Thai Thanksgiving the chew tilapia toddler food tomato sauce tomatoes tuna turkey Valentines Day vegan Vegetarian weeknight white chocolate whos cooking yogurt zucchini
false
ltr
item
TASTY: Early Summer Ratatouille Tart {Courtesy of The Chew}
Early Summer Ratatouille Tart {Courtesy of The Chew}
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiBXbbSoJsW6c521xMg1XcyjphRDmqZCgQioxCRcMq9AcLFBojaR5Es7qN6fc-ZdqXy-fhFmEOsm0LjTXNyJvj6LSTx8fIbCc7rw4DSwqbZbGw_zGxltma76mIYpq9DwtK3MIRTuQqdjUg/s400/DSC_0001.JPG
https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEiBXbbSoJsW6c521xMg1XcyjphRDmqZCgQioxCRcMq9AcLFBojaR5Es7qN6fc-ZdqXy-fhFmEOsm0LjTXNyJvj6LSTx8fIbCc7rw4DSwqbZbGw_zGxltma76mIYpq9DwtK3MIRTuQqdjUg/s72-c/DSC_0001.JPG
TASTY
https://tasty4you.blogspot.com/2015/06/early-summer-ratatouille-tart-courtesy.html
https://tasty4you.blogspot.com/
http://tasty4you.blogspot.com/
http://tasty4you.blogspot.com/2015/06/early-summer-ratatouille-tart-courtesy.html
true
1303550785554006928
UTF-8
Not found any posts VIEW ALL Readmore Reply Cancel reply Delete By Home PAGES POSTS View All RECOMMENDED FOR YOU LABEL ARCHIVE SEARCH Not found any post match with your request Back Home Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat January February March April May June July August September October November December Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec just now 1 minute ago $$1$$ minutes ago 1 hour ago $$1$$ hours ago Yesterday $$1$$ days ago $$1$$ weeks ago more than 5 weeks ago